- Tube Type / Number: 12AT7/ECC81 Black Plate
- Manufacturer: Westinghouse
- Country of Manufacturer: USA
- Condition (read below): NOS NIB
About Fuzz Audio
Fuzz Audio is a leading supplier of premium vintage vacuum tubes. We offer a wide selection of NOS (new old stock), and used tubes from leading manufacturers such as Mullard, RCA, and GE. Our tubes are all hand-picked and tested to ensure that they meet our high standards of quality.
- Please read our shipping terms, our testing standards, our return policy (30 days) and our 1000+ great reviews!
We may have many of these tubes in stock. Reach out or send us an offer by multiplying the
Why Buy Fuzz Audio’s Premium Vintage Tubes?
- Our vintage tubes are all individually hand tested by experts on advanced tube testers. This ensures that you are getting a quality product that will work perfectly in your amplifier or other audio equipment.
- We only sell tubes that are read strong to manufacturers specifications. This means that you can be confident that your tubes will sound great and last for years to come.
- Explore your sound and get inspired by our full line of vintage tubes, which all come with their own unique tonal qualities. We have a wide variety of vintage tubes to choose from, so you can find the perfect tubes to match your musical style and preferences.
- Be at peace knowing that Fuzz Audio has your back with a one year warranty covering all tubes we sell. If your tube fails for any reason or goes microphonic within the first year of use, we will replace it for free!
- 30 Day Returns. We are so confident that you will love our vintage tubes that we offer a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you are not satisfied with your purchase for any reason, simply return it for a full refund. No questions asked.
Do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns, we are here to help. We are also happy to make recommendations based on your specific gear and needs.
NOS vs. ANOS vs. Tests NOS (Condition*)
These designations are strictly used to describe the cosmetic condition of our tubes. All tubes we sell test identically, come with 100% life and are guaranteed to work in your device!
If you are picky about owning an original box or wanting a specific logo, please reach out to us before purchasing.
- NOS (New Old Stock) Tubes - are 100% brand new vintage tubes in mint cosmetic condition with show zero signs of use. You should expect a legible logo and clean straight pins. An original box is likely but not guaranteed.
- ANOS Tubes - otherwise known as “almost new old stock” tubes are basically new, but may show slight signs of use in cosmetic condition, such as a missing logo or slightly bent pins. An original box is possible but unlikely.
- Tests NOS Tubes - are used but still operating to specification with 100% life. These tubes are equal in function to NOS valves, yet they cost considerably less because they have cosmetic blemishes. If you plan to disappear your tubes into the back of an amplifier or do not care what the tubes look like, then this is a cost effective choice. Blemishes and cosmetic imperfections do not affect tone…
Logos: Vintage tubes have a wide variety of logos printed on them. It is not uncommon to see a Mullard made tube with an RCA or GE logo, or a GE made tube with a Mullard logo. Your tube may come with a logo such as Heath Kit, Baldwin, Fisher, Hammond, Magnavox, Fender, Gibson, Silvertone, etc. but the true manufacturer of that tube will be correct to your order. If you are looking for a specific logo, please reach out before purchase.
- All tubes are tested for microphonics and are guaranteed to work in sensitive audio applications.
- All tubes sold are guaranteed to have strong (to spec) NOS test scores with 100% life.
- All tubes are tested on a calibrated Hickok 539C, Maxi-Matcher, E-Tracer or other industry standard tube analyzers.
- Tubes are guaranteed for one year and any tube can be returned within 30 days.
- Preamp tubes are matched by gain and mutual conductance (Gm).
- Power tubes are matched by mA and Gm.
Do not buy power or preamp tubes that have been tested solely on an emissions tester or “tube checker” - this is an inadequate test.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out. We would love to hear from you!
- All orders shipped within 3 business days, 90% of orders are processed within 24 hours. Inquire for express shipping. International shipments MAY take a few weeks to arrive.
- Tubes are packed with utmost care. In large sturdy boxes.
- 30 day returns
・Import duties, taxes, and other charges which are not included in the item price or shipping charges are the buyer’s responsibility.
・Please check with your country’s customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to bidding or buying.
・Except in the case of faulty or damaged items, refunds do not include any return shipping or shipping charges. Your return shipping charge will be deducted from your refund.
At Fuzz Audio, all vintage/NOS vacuum tubes purchased through our website are guaranteed for one year from purchase date. We accept returns for tubes going noisy, losing output/performance prematurely, and of course losing function all together. (Read about power tubes below).
We will not cover damage from red plating neglect, glass breakage of any kind, loose bases, or other obvious faults that are due to neglect, rough handling or egregious constant use.
This policy is meant to protect the buyer from having a tube go out on them prematurely from a flaw we missed. Tubes, especially preamp tubes, should last half a lifetime, and well beyond a year, so we want to guarantee each customer that you get a tube that will last.
For power tubes, although we will honor any faults mentioned above, we will not accept a return for a power tube that has obviously been used for 6+ hours a day for every day of the year for one year. Power tubes that have clearly been used beyond their normal wear point will not be accepted.
If you suspect one of your vintage Fuzz Audio tubes has gone bad within one year of purchasing, simply reach out via our chat or at Support@fuzzaudio.com and we will assist you in the warranty exchange process. No receipt is needed.
Please note, it is possible we will be out of stock of the tube that is in need of a swap. If this is the case, we will either offer a refund, credit, different tube, or send the first available tube of that type when it comes back in stock.
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out!
At Fuzz Audio:
- We match all tubes for free!
- All vintage tubes are guaranteed for one year.
- All tubes are tested on a calibrated Hickok 539C, Amplitrex, Maxi-Matcher, or other industry standard tube analyzers.
- Preamp tubes are matched by gain and mutual conductance (Gm)
- Power tubes matched by mA and Gm
- All tubes tested for microphonics and are guaranteed to work in your application.
- If you require SUPER LOW noise tubes, please reach out. We will most likely meet your requirements for free.
- Do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns, we are here for you.
We guarantee NOS test scores, clean pins, tight matches, and ultimately that they work in your application or YOUR MONEY BACK!
Tubes in photos represent the tube you will receive. Getter construction or logo may differ. Logo may be partially missing or cleaned off. You may or may not receive a box. Tube type, manufacture, and NOS test quality will NOT change. If logos and original boxes are a deal breaker- please reach out before purchase we are always happy to accommodate.
Our policy lasts 30 days. If 30 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately we can’t offer you a refund or exchange.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging.
- Downloadable software products
To complete your return, we require a receipt or proof of purchase.
Please do not send your purchase back to the manufacturer.
There are certain situations where only partial refunds are granted (if applicable)
- Book with obvious signs of use
- CD, DVD, VHS tape, software, video game, cassette tape, or vinyl record that has been opened
- Any item not in its original condition, is damaged or missing parts for reasons not due to our error
Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund.
If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within a certain amount of days.
Late or missing refunds
If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account again.
Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted.
Next contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted.
If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at Support@fuzzaudio.com.
We only replace items if they are defective or damaged. If you need to exchange it for the same item, send us an email at Support@fuzzaudio.com and send your item to: 7901 E Belleview Ave, Apt. 318, Englewood CO 80111, United States.
To return your product, you should mail your product to: 7901 E Belleview Ave, Apt. 318, Englewood CO 80111, United States
You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund.
Depending on where you live, the time it may take for your exchanged product to reach you, may vary.
If you are shipping an item over $75, you should consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. We don’t guarantee that we will receive your returned item.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.